FW: IS Journal Categorisation

Hi John

I understand that Keng Siau (EIC of JDM) wrote in response to your recent
posting, suggesting that perhaps we could also categorise the journals
according to the recent Walstrom and Hardgrave (CACM, 2001) article. I am in
support of the idea.

The suggestion to use MISQ's Classification Scheme may work if it is kept at
an aggregated level. In any case, JGIM covers all aspects of this Scheme, at
a global/international perspective. There is no specific classification for
global IS related research.

Cheers
Felix

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dr. Felix B Tan
Dept. of Mgt Science & Info Systems
School of Business & Economics
The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Auckland, New Zealand

Editor-in-Chief
Journal of Global Information Management
http://www.idea-group.com/journals

Vice President of Research
Information Resources Management Association
http://www.irma-international.org

Editor, EndNote Resources Page
ISWorld Net Research & Scholarship Division
http://zip.to/endnote

Tel: +649-3737599 ext.5256
Fax: +649-3737566
email: f.tan@auckland.ac.nz