Re: IS Journal Categorisation

Hi John

As an editor of Information Systems Journal (ISJ) we would be happy to
participate in self categorisation. However, I suspect it will be difficult.
We think of ourselves as a very broad journal in terms of acceptable
topics and would not like to limit ourselves - what we say is that
we are more interested in quality than particular topic (within IS, broadly
defined). Thus our categorisation might not be particularly useful -
and I suspect many others would be the same.

Guy

Guy Fitzgerald                                         Tel: +44(0)1895 203324 Direct
Professor of Information Systems                 +44(0)1895 274000 General
Department of Information Systems                ext 3603 Secretary
                        and Computing            Fax: +44(0)1895 251686
Brunel University                                Mobile: 07990 574477
Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 3PH                    e-mail: guy.fitzgerald@brunel.ac.uk
United Kingdom                                        personal web page: http://www.brunel.ac.uk/~csstggf/