Re: IS Journal Categorisation

The DB would be good. Since it's a tree,

you could represent the tree by having a schema:

parent_of_node
level_of_node  (with root being 0th level)
codename_of_node
desc_of_node

or again since it's a tree the whole thing could just be one big
XML file with an XML schema.  Then we could use some XML parser to
represent the tree at runtime.

Coincidentally, I am trying to use this schema to represent some recent MS
and PhD theses in the MIS area of my University in a front-end from a
search, using a hyperbolic viewer or also a simple tree-control.  I was
just about to construct my own mini database of some of the terms.

Thanks

Mark

* Dr. Mark Ginsburg                 *
* Assistant Professor, MIS Dept.    *